On this lesson you will learn:
- Messenger Bot Settings
Messenger Bot Settings
How to go to Message Bot Settings
Step #1: Click Messenger Bot
Step #2: Go to Bot Settings Then Click Actions
All your connected Pages will be displayed here:
Here are the Bot Settings:
Here are the Bot Settings Buttons
- Bot Reply Settings: You can create an automatic reply based on keywords.
Creating a Bot Reply
- Click Add Bot Reply Button
- Create a Bot Name
- Type your Bot Keywords
Note: Whenever someone sent a message to your Page containing the keyword/s you set, an automatic reply,message will be sent to the user. So in selecting keywords, you should anticipate the possible questions/concerns that the users can ask you. You can type as many keywords as you can.
-Select a Reply Type
-Write your reply message
-You have the option to add the user’s first and last name. It’s recommended to add first name on the first reply message.
- If you want the system to automatically respond on the chats of customers, you can click Add More Reply. In doing this, it’s like you’re already anticipating the succeeding questions/responses on you customers based on your previous replies.
-Click Enable to Enable Typing on Display Mode
* This will let the users think that someone from the Page is online and is typing a reply
-Select Delay in Seconds
* You can set a delay in reply to make the responses more natural. It’s like someone (a person from the Page) is reading their message before they receive a reply.
-Click Submit to save the Automatic Reply
- You should now see the Bot Reply that you created.
How to check if the Bot Reply works
- Go to your Page and Click “Test Button”
-Type the keyword you set
-You should now be able to see the Bot Reply you set
- You can add more reply and use different types of bot reply message such as Image, Video or GIF
- Concept of Substring
- This basically means that when you set a keyword that is derived from another keyword, the system will recognize and follow the reply message for the closest keyword.